Director of Nursing - $3,000 Sign On Bonus - Administration
The Director of Nursing is responsible for managing the activities within the hospital pertaining to acute care, swing bed services, outpatient services, and emergency department to include planning, directing, organizing, evaluating, and coordination across the care continuum. Maintains standards for professional nursing practice. Promotes efficient fiscal department operations in the provision of safe, quality patient care through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
This position complies with department and organization-wide policies, Critical Access Hospital requirements, Safety, and Infection Control, and all Federal and State of Nebraska regulations related to the performance of Webster County Community Hospital (WCCH) operations and requirements of the compliance program.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from an accredited program in professional nursing
• Bachelor of Science preferred
• Experience in rural hospital nursing preferred
• Leadership experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
• Current Nebraska Licensed Registered Nurse License
• CPR, TNCC, ACLS, NRP, PALS to maintain proficiency and certification within 90 days after hire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborates with hospital administration, nursing staff, medical providers, subject matter experts, and community partners to gain knowledge of healthcare issues and community needs.
• Disseminates information among stakeholders, reports to Medical Staff, management, Board of Directors, and community.
• Maintains current policies and procedures, involving necessary stakeholders and directs review and revision as needed.
• Collaborates with and reports on quality improvement initiatives to ensure that policies and procedures for safety, infection control, and risk management are developed, communicated, and practiced.
• Manages personnel effectively utilizing the available tools related to orientation, time and attendance, performance management.
• Provides for staffing and scheduling, anticipating department activity, adjusting as needed to meet changing requirements.
• Reviews and analyzes department reports, statistics and operating results, understanding, and responding to variances proactively.
• Plans for the operating and capital financial needs and provides ongoing oversight of financial operations of areas of responsibility.
• Provides for supply management to include effective use of supplies, cost awareness and compliance with hospital materials management policies and procedures.
• Assures appropriate patient care and continuous quality improvement is provided efficiently.
• Performs Utilization Review on all patients and communicates with provider regarding correct level of care upon admission, daily progress of patient and plans for patient discharge.
• Maintains pharmacy including ordering, stocking, returning medications, keeping formulary updated and updating charge master.
• Able to perform all duties of the charge nurse/staff nurse if staffing requires in all areas of care including Medical/Surgical, ICU, SB, OB, Nursery, ER, CR, PAR, or OP services in addition of other duties and responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the mission, vision, values, ethics, and goals of WCCH.
• Pledges sincere commitment to quality care and a quest for excellence.
• Maintain confidentiality for the people we serve and to fellow employees by following HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules at all times.
• Has the ability to come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates professionalism, dependability, organization, and punctuality.
• Adhere to the team approach and work well with fellow employees.
• Maintain accountability and responsibility for job performance and look for ways to improve.
• Be punctual and use time wisely.
• Show respect, politeness, consideration, and sympathy to patients, visitors, and fellow employees.
• Demonstrate good public relations by expressing to the public and fellow employees the desire for continuous quality improvement.
• Maintains a professional appearance of self and work area.
• Attends interdepartmental meetings and other meetings as position requires.
• Attends any educational events that are required or would be beneficial to the wellbeing of the department and/or hospital.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Utilizes proper body mechanics, transfer/lifting techniques and appropriate equipment to minimize fall risk to patient and injury to self.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Webster County Community Hospital Hospital
Red Cloud, NE 68970