CNA - PRN Night
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) work under the direction of licensed nursing staff members to assist patients with activities of daily living, basic nursing cares, and maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
This position complies with department and organization-wide policies, Critical Access Hospital requirements, Safety, and Infection Control, and all Federal and State of Nebraska regulations related to the performance of Webster County Community Hospital (WCCH) operations and requirements of the compliance program.
PRN Night Shift (6pm - 6am)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows general nursing policies and procedures regarding nursing care.
• Provides general nursing care such as activities of daily living, positioning of patients, lifting, and turning of patients, assisting patients with elimination, ambulation, thromboembolism prevention devices, heat and cooling measures, serves/assists/feeds meals and dietary supplements as ordered.
• Reports significant changes in patient’s medical condition to licensed nursing personnel promptly and consistently.
• Collects and documents activities of daily living, vital signs, measurements, intake and output, patient mobility, and other basic cares according to WCCH procedures for documentation.
• Transports patients to other departments under direction of nursing staff.
• Operates equipment in a safe, cost-effective manner.
• Anticipates patient needs, purposeful rounding on patients routinely/upon licensed nurse request and attends to nurse call system and patient alarms.
• Keeps patient areas free of clutter, dirty linen, and trash; minor housekeeping duties as needed.
• Restocks supplies at direction of nursing leader.
• Provides swing bed activities as assigned.
• Serves as the ER clerk obtaining a signed consent for treatment, complete a quick admit for any ER patient, and capture patient and insurance information in the absence of business office staff.
• Communicates effectively verbally and in writing.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the mission, vision, values, ethics, and goals of WCCH.
• Pledges sincere commitment to quality care and a quest for excellence
• Maintain confidentiality for the people we serve and to fellow employees by following HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules at all times.
• Has the ability to come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates professionalism, dependability, organization, and punctuality
• Adhere to the team approach and work well with fellow employees.
• Maintain accountability and responsibility for job performance and look for ways to improve.
• Be punctual and use time wisely.
• Show respect, politeness, consideration, and sympathy to patients, visitors, and fellow employees.
• Demonstrate good public relations by expressing to the public and fellow employees the desire for continuous quality improvement.
• Maintains a professional appearance of self and work area.
• Attends interdepartmental meetings and other meetings as position requires.
• Attends any educational events that are required or would be beneficial to the wellbeing of the department and/or hospital.
• Performs other duties as assigned by leader.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Utilizes proper body mechanics, transfer/lifting techniques and appropriate equipment to minimize fall risk to patient and injury to self.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous nurse aide or healthcare experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
• Completion of state certification course for nursing assistants (CNA)
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Evening
Webster County Community Hospital Hospital
Red Cloud, NE 68970