RN - Sign-On Bonus (Nights) - Nursing
SIGN ON BONUS
$3,000 Sign On Bonus
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to the ill, injured, convalescing, and disabled patients in all areas of Webster County Community Hospital (WCCH). They coordinate total nursing care for the patients, participate in patient and care giver education, maintain standards for professional nursing practice, and provide leadership by working cooperatively with the health care team at WCCH.
This position complies with department and organization-wide policies, Critical Access Hospital requirements, Safety, and Infection Control, and all Federal and State of Nebraska regulations related to the performance of Webster County Community Hospital operations and requirements of the compliance program.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from accredited nursing program.
• Experience in rural hospital is beneficial but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
• Current Registered Nurse License from the State of Nebraska
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
• Current Advanced Cardia Life Support (ACLS) required within 3 months of hire.
• Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 3 months of hire.
• Current Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required within 3 months of hire.
Full time position for the night shift, 6pm to 6am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Initiates assessment/reassessment based on the patient’s needs per nursing standards, organizational policies, and procedures.
• Synthesizes pertinent patient data to develop nursing care plans and identify nursing priorities for care and desired outcomes.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate and provide patient care.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in nursing theory and ability to learn and develop competence in patient care across the lifespan.
• Demonstrates ability to learn and ultimately practice in the multiple settings within the critical access hospital.
• Integrates appropriate standards of care into the patient’s plan of care based on the diagnosis and age-specific needs.
• Anticipates patient needs, purposeful rounding on patients routinely and attends to nurse call system and patient alarms.
• Executes therapeutic and/or supportive interventions.
• Evaluates the patient’s response to, and effectiveness of interventions.
• Evaluates patient’s progress toward established outcomes.
• Incorporates cultural considerations into the plan/delivery of care.
• Includes family or significant others in the care of the patient as appropriate.
• Documents patient care and related information according to WCCH procedures for documentation.
• Facilitates patient’s transition to next level of care.
• Assumes responsibility in a shared or delegated assignment and supports team member’s practices through timely and professional communication.
• Serves as a role model to colleagues, students, and other care providers.
• Actively participates in continued learning opportunities and continued self-development pertinent to the duties of the job.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the mission, vision, values, ethics, and goals of WCCH.
• Pledges sincere commitment to quality care and a quest for excellence
• Maintain confidentiality for the people we serve and to fellow employees by following HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules at all times.
• Has the ability to come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates professionalism, dependability, organization, and punctuality
• Adhere to the team approach and work well with fellow employees.
• Maintain accountability and responsibility for job performance and look for ways to improve.
• Be punctual and use time wisely.
• Show respect, politeness, consideration, and sympathy to patients, visitors, and fellow employees.
• Demonstrate good public relations by expressing to the public and fellow employees the desire for continuous quality improvement.
• Maintains a professional appearance of self and work area.
• Attends interdepartmental meetings and other meetings as position requires.
• Attends any educational events that are required or would be beneficial to the wellbeing of the department and/or hospital.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Utilizes proper body mechanics, transfer/lifting techniques and appropriate equipment to minimize fall risk to patient and injury to self.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Night
Ref Code: RN
Adrielle Griffin - Community Relations/HR Director
Community Relations/Human Resources
621 N. Franklin St.
Red Cloud, NE 68970